Backstory: My little Bean has been on a rampage since she could walk, clearing any and all shelves, tables, cupboards and throwing the contents on the floor. I have FINALLY made a break through: she's started to learn how to put stuff away.
Go to this afternoon: I catch her digging through my purse, which I clumsily left on the floor. Next thing I know I hear the trash can lid close. I immediately jumped up to retrieve whatever it was that she had "put away".
Much to my surprise, this is what I found. Good thing I'm not rich enough to have anything other than a crumpled $1 in my purse. If you can relate you're going to love this...
Hi there! First off, I would like to thank BreAnna for inviting me over to Peacoats and Plaid to introduce myself and share something I think is worth sharing! My name is Jessica and I reside over at Living like a Lindstrom. It's my little spot of the world wide web where I like to write about fashion, recipes, and really anything I feel is blog worthy (which is pretty close to everything). :)
So recently I made my Christmas wish list and one of the items on my list is this...
It's from J. Crew and I just think it is adorable! It is quite pricey for my wallet, but a girl can only hope. Then came the idea, I can possibly make my own. So that's what I did. I made my own "J. Crew" sweater!
Here's how to make it!
You will need:
Paint Brush of some sort
1. Trace and cut half of a heart onto a magazine cover. It works better if the paper is thicker than notebook paper. Sorry Emma Watson.
2. Fold the sweatshirt in half and line up the heart on sweatshirt.
3. Trace the half with a pencil.
4. Open the sweater and finish tracing the heart.
5. With the mod podge and glitter you can make however much you want, but just do half and half. If it seemed too thick to me, I just added some more mod podge.
6. Start filling in the lines!
7. I did one coat and then let it dry. Once it was mostly dry I added another coat. Let it dry over night and voila! You have yourself a J. Crew heart sweater look-a-like!
Of course I paired it with my favorite boots and knee socks!
And there you have it! Thanks again for reading and come on over to my blog and say hello!
Happy Holidays everyone!
I guess you could say, buying the J Crew sweater would just be
"throwing your money away"
when you could make an even cuter one yourself... ba dah CHING (rim shot).